1. Download, print, and complete new patient forms in advance for your scheduled appointment.
2. Please complete each section in full, listing the exact dosage of each medication you are currently taking (Including over the counter, vitamins, and herbal/nutritional supplements) and all immunizations you have received and dates received.
3. You will receive an auto-appointment reminder call that will give your appointment time, however; you will need to be here 30 minutes prior to it in order for us to process all paperwork and have it ready for the physician at your scheduled appointment time. Arrive on time, otherwise, we may not be able to treat you due to time constraints.
4. Bring with you to your appointment, all medications, (bottles and all) including over-the-counter, vitamins, and nutritional supplements, to ensure we have a complete and accurate record of everything you are currently taking. This will allow the physicians to more properly treat you and mitigate the risk of them prescribing a drug that is contraindicated with one of your current medications. It is for the patient’s safety.
5. NOTE: The Infectious Disease specialist needs to know if you are taking birth control pills since some antibiotics may interfere with the effectiveness of oral contraceptives.
6. Bring all relevant medical records related to your condition, including X-ray reports, laboratory reports, and immunization records. You may also have this faxed in advance to our e-fax: 404/844-4799.
7. Call your insurance company to verify the preferred laboratory for the plan. (Quest or LabCorp).
8. You will be responsible for paying any required copay, deductible, or co-insurance at the time of the appointment. We accept cash, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover Card, and Checks (except for Safe Passage Travel Medicine, P.C.-no checks).
9. Proof of identification which includes a photo I.D. (Every visit) and Insurance card (Every visit).
10. Referral paperwork from your Primary Care Physician if required by your insurance (HMO) or have it faxed to our office in advance at 404/844-4799.
This appointment was scheduled especially for you; if you are unable to keep this appointment please kindly call 24 hours in advance so that we can make this time available for another patient.